About the project
“Destination Laxaland – a collaboration for developing sustainable fishing.”
Laxaland was the working name of a project for developing a joint sport fishing destination in Halland. The project was finally renamed Relax Fishing Sweden. “Destination Laxaland – a collaboration for developing sustainable fishing” was given the green light to start on 15/06/2013 after a long application process, and after the end of the project on 28/02/2015, will have:
- Examined and compared how an angling destination can be created with a better focus on sustainability and how to convey this to interested parties.
- Clarified and inventoried the range of sport fishing destinations.
- Built a network of interested parties who want to help develop the tourism industry on the basis of fishing in order to create growth and ensure that fishery resources are sustainably managed.
- Created greater opportunities for growth through increased accessibility. Demand could increase for services and products through destination development to generate growth and increased profitability in the municipalities and the county.
- Stimulated efforts to increase collaboration between interested parties.
- Made visible the joint destination by:
- Registering a name and brand for the destination.
- Creating a website/marketing platform for the joint destination, with links to member companies’ websites.
- Making it possible to book and pay for fishing from both inside and outside Sweden.
- Making available joint online booking facilities for fishing licences and accommodation.
- Marketing the destination
- Creating recurring events related to angling.
- Encouraging more girls/women to try angling in Halland.
- Ownership, contracts, conditions etc. for the use of the brand and for how the operation will function after the project period.
- Developed a model of how revenue from angling licences etc. can contribute to sustainable fisheries and the conservation of salmon in the area.
- Suggested new funding that can be sought for the continuation and launch of the operation and development of the joint destination.